Sunday, October 10, 2010

It is the end and yet only the beginning!

To my dear friends,

Thank you thank you thank you for being a part of my Sunday Suppers!

To those of you who came to the last official Sunday Supper, who came last month, or came last year: thank you for making the time to participate, for putting such care and effort into your dishes and drinks and contributing so thoughtfully, and for bringing wonderful friends with you.

When this all began last fall, I decided rather simply to have a potluck and see what happened. I wanted to try to encourage home cooking and eating in, but more than that really I wanted to cultivate community through a shared love and appreciation for food and for each other. I never planned or expected for these monthly meals to take on the life that they did. I hoped they would though, and as each month passed, and each supper succeeded, I felt my community expanding and feel so blessed at how special these evenings became, not just for me but for my friends as well. To have had the opportunity to and lovely experience of hosting, of opening the doors of my home to see friends, to reunite with old ones, and make some brand new ones, was nothing less than exceptional.

And the food, oh the food! The cooking and the eating has been nothing short of profound. I have challenged myself, as I know many of you have as well, and created some dishes I am very proud of and I have been lucky enough to eat the fabulous dishes you all brought my way. If you want to continue in the sharing, please post and / or you use the recipes, found here:

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AVkJGuHAjhPYZGNrZ2dmdGZfM2dycnN6azJ6&hl=en

And i do very much hope that the sharing will continue. This has been one of the most important and transformative years of my life. I am so grateful that you all have been a part of it. I look forward to whatever may come next... and to being invited to your place already! :)

Sending much much much love.

xx, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment